Cheesecake Stuffed Pumpkin Bread
This pumpkin bread is stuffed with a dairy-free cheesecake. The bread is Paleo compatible, gluten-free, and grain-free.
- 8oz dairy-free cream cheese (I used Kite Hill)
- 1/3 C maple sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C dairy-free sour cream (Kite Hill)
- 1 1/2 C Paleo baking flour blend (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 C coconut sugar
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 2 T pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the cream cheese, maple sugar, 1 egg, and sour cream in a medium bowl. Whisk until the ingredients are thoroughly combined, and there are no longer any lumps.
- In a large bowl, whisk the Paleo flour, baking soda, salt, coconut sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, vanilla, 1 egg, and the avocado oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until they are thoroughly combined.
- Grease a loaf pan and sprinkle with a little of the paleo flour to thoroughly coat the pan.
- Place half the bread batter in the loaf pan and spread it evenly along the bottom. The batter will be very thick.
- Add the cheesecake mixture to the loaf pan and spread it evenly over the bread layer.
- Top the cheesecake layer with the remaining bread batter and spread it as evenly as possible down the center of the pan. The batter is thick, so it won’t be perfect.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean when the pumpkin bread is done. Cool the bread in the loaf pan for 30 minutes on a wire rack, and then remove it from the pan.
- Slice and enjoy!