These parsnip fries can be passed off as traditional french fries made out of potatoes, and it's a great way to get more veggies in. They are also Whole30 and Paleo compatible.
- 2 lbs. parsnips, peeled
- 1 T avocado oil
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the parsnips into ¼ inch French fry-like shapes and place them in a bowl.
- Toss the fries with avocado oil, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and pepper.
- Spread the fries in a single layer on the sheet pan and place them in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes. The fries should be golden brown and cooked through with a crispy outer layer.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.