Pasta with a Pumpkin Sage Cream Sauce
This creamy dish is made with Jovial cassava pasta and tossed in a dairy-free pumpkin sage cream sauce. It's Paleo and gluten-free.
- 2 T ghee
- 2 T cassava flour
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1 T minced fresh sage
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 C full fat coconut milk
- 1-8oz box Jovial cassava pasta
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a medium pot, fill with water and cook the cassava noodles per the directions on the box.
- In a large sauté pan on medium low heat, add the ghee and garlic. Sauté for about 1 minute, until the garlic is fragrant but not burnt.
- Sprinkle the cassava flour over the ghee/garlic mixture and whisk together. Continuously whisk while adding the coconut milk in. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the pumpkin puree, sage, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice. Stir to thoroughly combine all the sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer, remove from the heat.
- Toss the drained pasta with the pumpkin cream sauce and serve.