This potato salad uses Japanese sweet potatoes, which give it a slightly different flavor and liven up a traditional potato salad. It's also Whole30 and Paleo compatible.
- 2 large Japanese sweet potatoes, 1-inch dice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ C mayonnaise
- 1 C diced dill pickles
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 hardboiled eggs, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10oz bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 ½ T coconut aminos
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the diced potatoes and cook for 10-12 minutes. They should be tender but not mushy when fully cooked.
- Drain the potatoes and spread them on a sheet pan to cool.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, Dijon mustard, coconut aminos, and ½ teaspoon of sea salt in a large bowl.
- Add the pickles, celery, onion, and bacon to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture and stir everything until thoroughly combined.
- Add the cooled potatoes and the hardboiled eggs and gently toss together until everything is mixed well.
- Taste the potato salad and add more sea salt if needed.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool.