Roasted Cauliflower with Brown Butter & Pepitas
This side dish is so good. It's buttery, toasted, and has a crunch from the pepitas. It's Paleo compatible and gluten-free.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into medium size florets
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1/4 C grass-fed butter
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 T pepitas
- 2 T roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cauliflower with avocado oil, sea salt, and pepper. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on the sheet pan, place it in the oven, and roast for 40-45 minutes.
- While the cauliflower roasts, add the butter to a sauté pan on med-low heat. Melt the butter, occasionally swirling, until the milk solids turn brown and a nutty aroma arises.
- Add in the lemon juice and pepitas. The mixture will crackle and pop, remove from the heat.
- When the cauliflower is done roasting, drizzle the butter/pepita mixture over the top and sprinkle the cilantro. Enjoy!