Pesto and shrimp are a perfect combo. The roasted garlic in this pesto gives it a nutty flavor profile. Using zoodles keeps this recipe Whole30 and Paleo compatible.
• 4 C fresh basil leaves
• 12 garlic cloves
• 1/3 C toasted pine nut
• 1/2 C olive oil
• 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 6 C zucchini noodles (zoodles)
• 1 lb shrimp
• 1 T ghee
1. To make the pesto, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the garlic cloves in tin foil and drizzle with avocado oil. Wrap up the tin foil to seal the garlic in. Place the garlic wrapped in tin foil on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
2. Once the garlic has finished roasting, place it along with the basil, toasted pine nuts, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in a food processor. Turn the food processor on and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Continue blending until pesto is formed, scraping the sides down as necessary.
3. Place the zucchini noodles on a paper towel and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Cover the zoodles with another paper towel and set aside. This is to draw some of the water out.
4. In a large skillet on medium heat, add the ghee. Once it’s melted and the pan is hot, add the shrimp and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and continue cooking until the shrimp is cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Drain any liquid out of the pan and add the zoodles and pesto. Cook for about 2 minutes and toss the shrimp in. Continue cooking just until the shrimp are warm. Enjoy!