Sausage & Mushroom Egg Bake
Egg bakes are the perfect breakfast when you are short on time. After they are cooked, you can grab a piece before running out the door and be set. This recipe is Whole30 and Paleo compatible.
- 1 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- 1-8oz package sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, small dice
- 3-4 handfuls of spinach
- 3 T coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 3 T avocado oil
- 1/4 C full fat coconut milk
- 12 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie pan with avocado oil and set it aside. In a large sauté pan on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and the breakfast sausage. Break the sausage up into small pieces and continue cooking until there it's no longer pink and the sausage is cooked through. Remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil, onions, and garlic to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions become translucent. Add the sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Occasionally stir and continue cooking for an additional 7 minutes. Add the spinach and mix together. Cook the vegetable mixture until the spinach is wilted.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, coconut aminos, coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, and nutritional yeast. Make sure everything is whisked thoroughly. Stir in the sautéed vegetables and breakfast sausage. Pour the egg mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. The center should be set up and no longer wiggle when the egg bake is fully cooked.