Steak & Prosciutto Bites with a Basil Tarragon Sauce
These steak bites are Paleo and Whole30 compatible. They make great appetizers or a main dish served with roasted veggies.
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, sliced against the grain into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 C coconut aminos
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 4oz prosciutto, each piece cut into 3 strips
Basil Tarragon Sauce
- 1 C avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 T fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 T fresh tarragon, minced
- Whisk together the coconut aminos, red wine vinegar, ground ginger, garlic, and ½ teaspoon of sea salt in a medium container. Add in the sliced flank steak and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover the container and place it in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Place the avocado oil, egg, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, minced garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt in a jar just slightly larger than your immersion blender.
- Place immersion blender in the jar all the way to the bottom. Start blending, keeping the blender at the bottom of the jar for 10 seconds, then slowly move the blender up until the mixture is fully emulsified.
- Stir in the chopped basil and tarragon until it's evenly distributed in the dipping sauce. Place in the refrigerator until the beef is ready.
- After the beef has marinated, lay the strips in a single layer and top with a piece of the prosciutto. Roll the beef up with the prosciutto in the middle and place a skewer through the rolled-up beef to keep it together.
- Sprinkle beef with ¼ teaspoon of sea salt and grill until they are cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve the steak and prosciutto bites with the basil tarragon sauce.